9 April 2011

Here Gallery - Peter Chasseaud

Along with fellow student Joseph Allison, I took a break from my computer screen today and cycled up to Here Gallery in Stokes Croft. We had a look around at Peter Chasseaud's work, an exhibition of hand pressed typographical prints produced by the Tom Paine Printing Press in Lewes, Sussex. It was quite interesting since Joe and I are both originally from Sussex,but it is the first time we had heard of the association. It's definitely worth a visit while I'm back home in Sussex for the Easter break.
The work exhibited was pretty impressive, I particularly liked the large scale books about London's Rail Network. I also loved the small printed symbols on the work and wish that I had the opportunity to use them in my work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment