19 April 2011

Tom Paine Printing Press - Sussex

After visiting the Peter Chasseaud exhibition at the Here Gallery in Bristol, I decided to check out the Printing Press Gallery and Shop in Lewes whilst I'm home in Sussex for a short Easter break. The Gallery has monthly exhibitions of work by contemporary printmakers,
whilst the shop stocks a wide range of Press publications, cards, prints and a range of books about typography.
I saw lots of the work that I recognised from the exhibition in Bristol and a lot of new stuff too...type and ornament specimen posters, books printed entirely using the press and work that was much more illustration based than I had previously seen. They even had a small collection of Chinese letterpress characters! I particularly liked the small collection of artists books, all of them seemed to be produced in a different format to the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment