2 May 2011

BABE (Bristol Artists Book Event)

This weekend I attended the Bristol Artists Book Event at the Arnolfini. With over 100 local, national and international book artists selling their work over three floors it was definitely worth a visit. I collected lots of  business cards and other nice things. My favourite buy was the ornamental letterpress stamps for which I am frantically looking for a excuse to use! We had a chance to talk to many of the artists themselves, about their work and about our own work too. I even managed to stumble across the former chair of ISTD, Jonathan Doney who congratulated me on my acceptance! Jonathan is the founder of The Spitfire Press, and creator of some really amazing print work!


 Alongside the Bristol Artists Book Event was a project called The World Atlas in Bristol. The organizers were giving visitors of the event pieces of paper with place names from around the world and asking them to draw/write what they knew about that particular place. There were some really interesting responses and it was nice to see how people had approached the task differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment